Average weight: 3 lb
The squash of the apocalypse!
Storage: from 3 to 12 months.
- Of dark green colour, almost black, small yellow or pale orange spots appear when it reaches maturity.
- This squash, native to Japan, contains a gold-yellow flesh that is firm, dense and not very fibrous.
- It stands out in particular for its extra long shelf life of up to 1 year!
- When cooked, the taste of hazelnut and butter is clear.
- Perfect for making squash tempura wedges
- Squash ideal to integrate into simmered dishes
- Very good in puree or roasted
Recipe Ideas :
For an idea recipe for Japanese-inspired tart with Tetsukabuto squash and ginger , click here!
0r here for a simple recipe of tasty Tetsukabuto squash cakes!