Average weight: 3.5 lb
Giant Squash – Pumpkins (Cucurbita maxima)
Storage: from 3 to 8 months.
- This variety is rather unknown in Canada, but very popular in the United States.
- Keeps much longer than the traditional spaghetti squash variety.
- It is better to let the squash age 1 month or 2 months, because the sugars concentrate and becomes much better to consume.
- Its pale yellow flesh is striated green and turns into filaments after cooking.
- Its flavor is considered not very tasty or bland.
- A very good vegetable alternative to pasta
- Superb in raw salad or sauerkraut
Recipe Ideas :
For a recipe idea signed Ricardo de paella on a bed of spaghetti squash, click here!