Average weight: 5 lb
Giant Squash – (Cucurbita maxima)
Storage: from 3 to 8 months.
- This squash is a variety native to Brazil that is classified as having a fairly good quality chair.
- With its very tender yellow flesh, it is full of a very rich and sweet flavor.
- On the aesthetic side, this squash is brown with light reflections of salmon pink when it reaches maturity.
- Ideally, let the squash age until it changes colour to pink to make the most of its flavour.
- Ideal for making desserts such as pies, cakes or muffins
- Exquisite in soup
- Succulent in puree or gratin