Average weight: 3.75 lb
Giant Squash – (Cucurbita maxima)
Storage: from 3 to 6 months.
- Part of the Kabocha squash family, this variety is classified as a high-caliber squash.
- The special thing about this squash is that the more it matures, the better it tastes.
- Of blue-gray colour, it contains dark orange flesh, thick and very little fibrous.
- With a sweet and very rich flavor, it has a very pronounced chestnut aroma.
- Very versatile as squash; as good for making desserts as side dishes
- Succulent in soup
- Very good in puree or gratin
Recipe Ideas :
For a great recipe for Winter Sweet kabocha squash and ricotta dessert, click here!