Average weight: 8 lb
Giant Squash – (Cucurbita maxima)
Storage: from 3 to 6 months.
- Blue-grey from the start and becomes salmon pink when it reaches maturity.
- This giant squash has a bright orange flesh, which is thick, with fine grains.
- This squash is classified of very good quality.
- It is distinguished not only by its size, but also by its sweet flavor and its aftertaste in hazelnut.
- This variety is a variety that was re-developed in the United States after seeds were brought back from an archaeological site in South America.
- Excellent for making jam
- Very good when stuffed
- Perfect for making pies, cakes or muffins
- Wonderful in gratin or roast
Recipe Ideas :
For an idea recipe for delicious Pink Jumbo Banana squash gnocchi, click here!
Or here for a soup recipe with Jumbo Pink Banana squash, almonds and orange!