Average weight: 1.50lb
Storage: from 3 to 6 months.
- Also called Sweet potato by Americans, its taste is very similar to sweet potato.
- This squash allows to have an individual portion, a single portion.
- It is smaller and rounder than the Honey Boat Délicata.
- This variety is a mixture between Délicata and Peppery squash.
- The colour of its epidermis may vary depending on its level of maturity between brown, cream white, orange and green.
- Its flesh is firm, dry, creamy yellow and very thin.
- The aroma of its flesh is reminiscent of the taste of hazelnut when cooked and the kidney apple when raw.
- This squash is ideal for stuffing.
- Succulent in frozen desserts such as sorbet
- Very good for making fries or roasting in the oven
- Excellent when grated in a salad
Recipe Ideas :
For a recipe for Jester Délicata squash stuffed with quinoa and bacon, click here!
Or here, for a recipe for Jester Délicata squash pasta salad, red cabbage and broccoli!