Average weight: 1.60 lb
Storage: from 3 to 6 months.
- Also called Sweet Potato by Americans, its taste is very similar to sweet potato.
- This squash allows to have an individual portion, a single portion.
- Cylindrical in shape, the colour of its epidermis can vary depending on its maturity between the brown, cream white, orange and green color.
- Its flesh is firm, dry, creamy yellow and very thin.
- The aroma of its flesh is reminiscent of the taste of hazelnut when cooked and the kidney apple when raw.
- This squash is ideal for stuffing
- Succulent in frozen desserts such as sorbet
- Very good for making fries or roasting in the oven
- Excellent when grated in a salad
Recipe Ideas :
For a great idea recipe of Delicata stuffed with mushrooms and pine nuts, click here! (in French)