average weight: 15lb
Giant Squash – Potiron (Cucurbita maxima)
Storage: from 3 to 6 months.
- Originally from the town of Eysines, near Bordeaux in France, this variety has been cultivated since at least the XIX century.
- Under its unappealing appearance hides a delicious and flamboyant yellow-orange flesh slightly sweet.
- Moreover, its flesh is both fine and firm.
- It is its numerous growths that make this squash so special.
- Excellent for making soup and velvety soup
- It is an outstanding accompaniment to meaty meals; gratin, puree, roast
Recipe Ideas :
For an idea recipe for a succulent velvety squash Galeuse d'Eysines and vegetables from the garden click here! (in French)