average weight: 1 lb
Storage: from 3 to 6 months.
- The appearance of this variety can vary between brown, cream white, orange and green.
- Its creamy yellow flesh is firm, dry and thin.
- When eaten raw, it tastes like a kidney apple and when cooked, has an aroma reminiscent of hazelnut.
- Also called Sweet Potato by Americans, the taste of this squash is very similar to sweet potato.
- Perfect to be stuffed
- Succulent for dessert; ice cream and sorbet
- Succulent when roasted or cooked in the oven
Recipe Ideas :
For a delicious recipe for squash fries Delicata and parmesan, click here! (in French)
Or even here, for a succulent recipe of cold squash salad Délicata and quinoa! (in French)