average weight: 3 lb
Storage: from 3 to 10 months.
- This constantly growing squash is also called peanut squash due to its shape.
- Native to northwestern Colombia and Mexico, this squash is a very versatile food that can be eaten raw as well as cooked.
- Its flesh is excessively melting and buttered like that of the avocado.
- The seeds of this squash are very rich in zinc.
- Very good alternative to the traditional potato
- Make succulent gnocchi
- Also good raw, steamed, roasted or mashed
Recipe Ideas :
For a delicious BBQ Butternut squash slice recipe, click here! (in French)
Or here for a focaccia with Butternut squash! (in French)