average weight: 3.740 pounds
Giant Squash – Potiron (Cucurbita maxima)
Storage: from 3 to 6 months.
- Native from South America, this variety has been grown for over 10,000 years.
- Dark green, almost black, its epidermis is edible.
- Its light orange flesh is dry, non-fibrous and has an aroma that is very similar to the taste of chestnut and butter.
- Excellent for dumpling or ravioli stuffing
- Very good for baking chips
- Succulent as a side dish; puree, roast, soup.
Recipe Ideas :
For an idea recipe for Buttercup squash cream with basil and cream cheese, click here! (in French)
Or here for a recipe for Buttercup Squash Chicken Bacon and Corn Chowder! (in French)