The Gargentua squash!
Giant Squash – (Cucurbita maxima)
Storage: from 3 to 6 months.
- This squash from the United States was developed to grow the world’s largest pumpkin for Halloween.
- This unusual variety is the variety that produces the largest fruits in the world.
- In addition to being a very attractive decorative element, this pumpkin is edible.
- Orange in colour, this squash has a thick, light orange and medium quality flesh.
- Often grown for contests, the new weight record is about 1725 lbs.
- Excellent for soup and soup
- Goes very well with simmered dishes.
- Succulent to make roasted quarters in the oven
Recipe Ideas :
For an idea recipe for an excellent pot of lentils, giant squash and garden vegetables, click here! (in French)