Average weight: 1.65 lb
Storage: from 3 to 6 months.
- Very similar to Sweet dumpling squash, this Acorn squash is white cream streaked green.
- Its creamy yellow flesh is very thick, dry and has both a sweet flavor and hazelnuts.
- Its very hard epidermis makes this squash difficult to peel.
- This squash is the result of a mixture of Peppery squash and Sweet Dumpling squash.
- Works wonderfully with sweet dishes.
- Very good in soup or soup
- Excellent for making Greek potatoes
- It is a very versatile squash in its transformation; also good cooked, crushed or steamed.
Recipe Ideas :
For an idea recipe for Ricardo’sAcorn squash, Noodle and Tofu Soup, click here! (in French)
Or here for a recipe for a Heart of Gold squash tray roasted with honey and cilantro from Ricardo! (in French)