average weight: 2lb
Storage: from 1 to 3 months.
- This squash is a hybrid variety between Sweet Dumpling squash and Acorn squash that was developed in North America in the 1990s.
- It is distinguished by its shape, a summit in shape deeply furrowed.
- Its brightly coloured epidermis varies between yellow, cream white, orange and green.
- Spotted or striped patterns appear on his epidermis according to his level of maturity and temperature.
- The aroma of its flesh is vaguely reminiscent of hazelnuts, butter and even shades of maple syrup.
- It is similar to a Butternut squash, a Acorn squash or a Kabocha squash.
- Goes extremely well with pork, lamb and grilled vegetables.
- Exquisite in the risottos
- Very good as a side dish; fried or grated in salad
Recipe Ideas :
For a delicious recipe Acorn Carnival squash stuffed with Italian sausage meat, spinach and cheddar cheese , click here! (in French)
Or here for a side recipe of Ricardo, a mashed Acorn Carnival squash with maple! (in French)